Historic Markers Across Georgia



Minnie F. Corbitt Memorial Museum



Marker ID: GHM 002-3
Location: North Church and East Carter Streets, Pearson
County: Atkinson
Coordinates: N 31° 17.898    W 082° 51.090
  31.2983    -82.8515
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM9RMQ
Minnie F. Corbitt Memorial Museum  Marker  



Text:

Here about 1873, on Lot No. 1, S.J. Henderson built the first residence in Pearson, then the terminu of the Brunswick and Albany R.R. Sucessively the home of prominent families in early Pearson history, in 1905 it became the residence of Martin S. Corbitt, Ordinary of Atkinson County 1928 - 1936. In 1955, at the request of Mrs. Corbitt abd her sons, the house was dedicated by the City of Pearson and John Floyd Chapter D.A.R. to the perpeutation of memory of south Georgia pioneers and their way of life.

GHM 002-3 Georgia Historical Commision 1956



 
Minnie F. Corbitt Memorial Museum
Minnie F. Corbitt Memorial Museum


 

002-3