Historic Markers Across Georgia



Junction of 20th and 14th Corps



Marker ID: GHM 005-13
Location: Ga 22 at junction with Ga 212
County: Baldwin
Coordinates: N 33° 5.756    W 083° 15.984
  33.095933    -83.2664
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM6ZYQ
Junction of 20th and 14th Corps  Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

With the right wing of his army in the vicinity of Clinton and Macon, General Sherman, with the left wing, appeared at this point on November 23, 1864. The left wing, consisting of the 20th and 14th corps, was comprised of 30,000 men, 12,000 horses and mules, 1,300 wagons, and several thousand head of cattle. General Slocum, who accompanied the 20th Corps, approached Milledgeville directly from Eatonton. General Sherman, who rode with the 14th Corps, followed the Old Monticello Road. The two Corps united at a junction 300 yards north of this point.

005-13 Georgia Historical Commission 1993



 

Junction of 20th and 14th Corps


 

005-13