Historic Markers Across Georgia



Jarrett Springs



Marker ID:  
Location: on North Wayne St. near West Thomas St., Milledgeville, GA
County: Baldwin
Coordinates: N 33° 5.107    W 083° 13.7
  33.08511666    -83.22833333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Jarrett Springs formerly know as Commissioner Springs, flows in an enclosed structure about 40 yards on adjacent land. In 1803 , because of the abundant and clear water supply, this site was selected by the Georgia Legislature as the location for the new state capital to be named Milledgeville.

Erected 2011 by William Sherrill Chapter Georgia 21 National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century.



 

 

005-A17