Historic Markers Across Georgia



Drs. Henry Dawson and Edwin Whitaker, Allen, Brothers



Marker ID: PFCBC 
Location: West Hancock Street on the campus of State College and University in front of the building with the clock tower.
County: Baldwin
Coordinates: N 33° 04.864    W 083° 13.764
  33.08106666    -83.2294
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WM6ZZT
Drs. Henry Dawson and Edwin Whitaker, Allen, Brothers Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

In grateful commemoration
of the contribution to agriculture by
Drs. Henry Dawson and Edwin Whitaker, Allen, Brothers,

of Baldwin County, Georgia, in the discovery,
improvement and dissemination, 1920-1940, of
the Allen Strain, reseeding variety, crimson clover.

This marker is erected by the Progressive Farmers Club
of Baldwin County in the year 1953




Drs. Henry Dawson and Edwin Whitaker, Allen, Brothers
Photo by Ken Moser



 

005-A5