Historic Markers Across Georgia



Nails Creek Baptist Church



Marker ID: GHM 006-5
Location: Ga 51 immediately west of junction with Ga 63
County: Banks
Coordinates: N 34° 22.328    W 083° 24.330
  34.372133    -83.4055
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMPEY
Nails Creek Baptist Church  Marker  



Text:

Nails Creek Baptist Church, the first Baptist Church in Banks County, was established February 11, 1787. It was the Mother Church of Middle River, Grove Level and Indian Creek. Many descendants of its charter members are active in the work of the church. The first building burned in 1864 and was rebuilt in 1868. In 1881 a larger church was erected and that was replaced by the present brick structure in 1908. From 1836 to 1922 28 ministers filled the pulpit. Membership in 1922 was 457.

GHM 006-5 Georgia Historical Commission 1954



 

Nails Creek Baptist Church


 

006-5