Historic Markers Across Georgia



Bethabra Baptist Church



Marker ID: BCHS 007-92
Location: At the church, located on Old Thompson Mill Rd. near intersection with GA 211 at the Mulberry River, west of Winder, GA.
County: Barrow
Coordinates: N 34° 03.865    W 083° 47.089
  34.06441666    -83.78481666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM7PNM
Bethabra Baptist Church  Marker  



Text:

Clayborn Dalton built an arbor for public Worship across Mulberry River in Jackson County in the early 1800´s. It was called "Dalton´s Stand". In 1813 the church was moved on this side of Mulberry River near the Maynard Cemetery. Rev. Anslem Anthony was the first Pastor serving from 1813 to 1855. He donated 2 1/2 acres of land for the present church with buildings and improvements April 15, 1857. Another building was built about 1880, and stood until the present building was built in 1962.

ERECTED MAY 1977 BY BETHABRA BAPTIST CHURCH

BARROW COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY



 
Bethabra Baptist Church
Bethabra Baptist Church


 

007-A1