Historic Markers Across Georgia



Site of Cassville - Named for Lewis Cass



Marker ID: WPA 
Location: Old square in Cassville on Cassville Rd.
County: Bartow
Coordinates: N 34° 14.933    W 084° 51.144
  34.248883    -84.852400
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WM4P7A
Site of Cassville - Named for Lewis Cass Marker  



Text:

Site of Cassville
Named for Lewis Cass

County seat, Cass County 1832 - 1861. First decision, Supreme Court of Georgia, 1846.

Name changed to Manassas in 1861.

Town burned by Sherman 1864 and never rebuilt.

WPA 1936



 

 

008-W7