Historic Markers Across Georgia



Courthouse Annex



Marker ID:  
Location: at the intersection of Henry Ford Avenue (Georgia Route 144) and Ellis Drive, Richmond Hill, GA
County: Bryan
Coordinates: N 31° 56.917    W 081° 18.7
  31.94861666    -81.31166666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
Courthouse Annex Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

This wood-frame structure, situated on a site known since the creation of Bryan County in 1793 as "the Crossroads", was built in 1939 with funding provided by Henry Ford. The building came to be familiarly called "the Courthouse" by local citizens. For many years it was used for civic meetings and as the official Richmond Hill voting site. The local Masonic Lodge and Order of the Eastern Star organizations held their meetings in this facility. Later, city and county governmental offices were housed here.



Courthouse Annex and Marker
Courthouse Annex
Photo by David Seibert


Notes:

Erected 2012 by Coastal Bryan Heritage Trail

 

015-C01