Historic Markers Across Georgia



Martha-Mary Chapel



Marker ID:  
Location: In front of the Saint Anne’s Catholic Church at 10550 Ford Ave (GA 144) in Richmond Hill, GA.
County: Bryan
Coordinates: N 31° 56.474    W 081° 18.373
  31.94123333    -81.30621666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WME2FV
Martha-Mary Chapel Marker  



Text:

Henry and Clara Ford had this chapel built in 1937 near the Community House and the Ways Station. The chapel was named for the mothers of Henry Ford (Mary) and Clara Ford (Martha). Students from the nearby school utilized the Martha - Mary Chapel to conduct devotional services under the supervision of their teachers. The pews, tables and other furnishings for the chapel were constructed in the local plantation carpentry shop. In 1955, the Catholic Diocese of Savannah purchased the property which became Saint Anne's Catholic Church.

Coastal Bryan Heritage Trail



 

Martha-Mary Chapel

Notes:

Erected 2012 by Coastal Bryan Heritage Trail

 

015-C10