Historic Markers Across Georgia



Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church



Marker ID:  
Location: Mud Road SW of Black Creek Church RD.
County: Bulloch
Coordinates: N 32° 17.734    W 081° 40.800
  32.29556666    -81.68
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM7XRN
Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church
was Constituted on August 15, 1802 in the home
of John Albritton. The organizing presbytery
consisted of Henry Cook, Isham Peacock,
John Goldwire and Henry Holcombe. With a
membership upward of 40 members. Isham
Peacock was the first pastor from 1802-1820.
Mathew Albritton, (John´s son), from 1820-
1824. Henry Melton from 1825-1841. William
Groover from 1841-1843. F.S. Sills was the
pastor from 1931-1948. The present pastor is the
Elder Keith Hamilton. The original log Church
stood across the road from this site.

Dedicated by Hazel Albritton Phillips Aug 28, 2005



Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church
Upper Black Creek Primitive Baptist Church
Photo by Ken Moser



 

016-A2