Historic Markers Across Georgia



Ed L. Smith -- H.W. Smith House



Marker ID:  
Location: Statesboro , GA
County: Bulloch
Coordinates:   
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Ed L. Smith -- H.W. Smith House


In 1951, Harry Smith renovated his family's home place, making a stylistic change from the Victorian to Neoclassical. Built around the turn of the 20th century, the house originally featured gingerbread detailing and scrolling iron columns. The building currently houses the Statesboro- Bulloch County Chamber of Commerce.

Supported by the Jack N. & Addie D. Averitt Foundation . 2016