Historic Markers Across Georgia



First Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: GHM 020-1
Location: Osborne and Conyers Streets, St. Marys
County: Camden
Coordinates: N 30° 43.371    W 081° 32.86
  30.72285    -81.54766
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM4EYV
First Presbyterian Church Marker  



Text:

Built by public subscription as a place of divine worship for inhabitants of St. Marys and its vocinity. Reverend Horace Southworth Pratt was ordained and installed as the first pastor by the Prebytery of Georgia in June, 1822.

Incorprated under the name of the Independent Presbyterian Church of St. Marys Dec. 20, 1828. On Dec. 5, 1832 the Independent Church was incorporated as the First Presbyterian Church of St. Marys in the Georgia Presbytery.

GHM 020-1 Georgia Historical Commission 1953



 

 

020-1