Historic Markers Across Georgia



The Infantry Board (Side 2)



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: In front of Building 76, Anderson Street, Fort Benning
County: Chattahoochee
Coordinates: N 32° 21.714    W 084° 58.542
  32.3619    -84.9757
Waymark: WMNJHY
The Infantry Board (Side 2) Marker
Photo by Groundspeak Regular Markerman62



Text:

From its very beginning, the Infantry Board was concerned with everything the Infantry Soldier used. Whether he shot it, rode in it, slept in it, ate it, wore it, or used it to accomplish his tactical missions, the Infantryman operating under combat conditions used products that had been tested by the Infantry Board. In consonance with its mission, the Infantry Board´s motto was "ONLY THE BEST FOR THE FINEST!" From 1946 to 1991 the Infantry Board was headquartered in Building 76, on Anderson Street. The Infantry Board was discontinued effective 23 March 1991.

Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Fort Benning Infantry Board, 1991.



 

 

026-H10