Historic Markers Across Georgia



The Infantry Board (Side 1)



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: in front on Building 76, Anderson Street, Fort Benning
County: Chattahoochee
Coordinates: N 32° 21.713    W 084° 58.541
  32.361883    -84.97568
Waymark: WMNJHY
The Infantry Board (Side 1) Marker
Photo by Markerman



Text:

On 15 December 1919, War Department Orders established the Infantry Board as a development and testing laboratory with permanent station at Fort Benning, Georgia. The Board´s mission was to consider, with continuity of effort the improvement of the Infantry. The history of the Infantry Board has been coincident with that of the Infantry Center and Fort Benning, "The Home of the Infantry".

Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Fort Benning Infantry Board, 1991.



 

 

026-H9