Historic Markers Across Georgia



1891 First Garden Club,



Marker ID: Ladies Garden Club 
Location: S. Lumpkin and Bocock Streets, along western edge of North UGA campus, Athens
County: Clarke
Coordinates: N 33° 57.314    W 083° 22.579
  33.955233    -83.37631
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2FA
1891 First Garden Club, Marker  



Text:

Founders´ Memorial Garden which commemorates the founders of America´s first Garden Club. The Ladies Garden Club organized in 1891, Athens, Georgia. This garden was developed on university of Georgia campus by University´s landscape architecture department and the garden club of Georgia.

PRESENTED BY LADIES GARDEN CLUB 1950



 

 

029-A1