|Latitude 34 North|
Historic Markers Across Georgia
Battle of Kolb's Farm June 22, 1864
June 22, 1864
The 3 brigades of Williams´ (1st) Div., 20th A. C., [US] were posted on the high ground W. of the road between this point and the Powder Springs Road.
Geary´s (2d) Div. [US] right joined Williams at the ravine West of the Greer house, his artillery sweeping the low ground.
Brown´s & Reynold´s brigades of Stevenson´s Div. [CS] assaulted the left of Williams´ line by way of the ravine -- trying to turn his left, but the 20th A. C. artillery broke up the assault and the two [CS] brigades withdrew.
033-14 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1952