Historic Markers Across Georgia



Powder Springs Road June-July, 1864



Marker ID: GHM 033-59
Location: Powder Springs Rd just W of Murray Rd, E of County Farm Rd
County: Cobb
Coordinates: N 33° 55.065    W 084° 35.047
  33.91775    -84.58411
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
Powder Springs Road June-July, 1864  Marker  



Text:

Old Zion Church stood 150 ft. E. Confederate trenches crossed rd. in N. S. direction ­ the left of Johnston´s Kennesaw line, occupied by Hood´s A. C., [CS] June 21, when it was shifted to their sector from E. of Kennesaw Mtn. Hood´s corps deployed here and moved S. W. to the battlefield of Kolb´s Farm, June 22.

July 3. Line evacuated by Confederate forces, withdrawing S. E. across Olley´s Creek to the Nickajack. Federal 14th and 20th A. C. marched from John Ward Road toward Marietta where they joined the 4th, which had moved there via the Dallas rd. from 3.5 mi. W. of the town.

033-59 GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 1985



 

 

033-059