Historic Markers Across Georgia



UDC and Kennesaw House



Marker ID: GHM 033-110
Location: At the Kennesaw House at the RR tracks, Marietta
County: Cobb
Coordinates: N 33° 57.162    W 084° 33.066
  33.9527    -84.5511
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMM9K
UDC and Kennesaw House  Marker  



Text:

The Kennesaw Chapter United Daughters of the Confederacy was organized July 29, 1898, in the parlors of the Kennesaw House on the second floor corner nearest the railroad station. Mrs. R. L. Nesbitt was elected the first president. There were forty women at the meeting. The nucleus of this chapter was the Ladies Memorial Association, formed soon after the close of the war. The nucleus of that association was the Ladies Aid, who had served the armies and soldiers of the Confederacy in field and in camp.

033-110 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956



 

 

033-110