Historic Markers Across Georgia



Concord Covered Bridge



Marker ID:  
Location: 200 At Ruff's Mill on Concord Road at covered bridge
County: Cobb
Coordinates: N 33° 50.965    W 084° 33.508
  33.849416    -84.55846
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The Concord Covered Bridge, constructed with the Queenpost design, was built in 1872 by Daniell and Ruff, who owned land and mills nearby. It replaced a bridge believed to have been built in the 1840´s and destroyed during the Civil War. The Concord Covered Bridge has the distinction of being the only covered bridge still in use on a public highway in the metropolitan Atlanta area. The Girl Scouts of the Nickajack Association placed this marker in 1976 to commemorate the 200th birthday of the United States of America.



 

 

033-A15