|Latitude 34 North|
Historic Markers Across Georgia
Sharon Baptist Church
Sharon Baptist Church was founded in 1799. The first pastor, Abraham Marshall, who served the church until his death in 1819, probably constituted the church. this building, the second on the site, was erected in 1869. Many names prominent in Georgia are found in Sharon Cemetery. Three men, one a Negro, have been ordained in this church. Ephraim White, Negro, owned by L.G. Steed, served the Mt. Carmel Negro Church across the road until his death. Ground for the Mt. Carmel Church was deeded by Sharon Church.
GHM 036-5 Georgia Historical Commission 1956