Historic Markers Across Georgia



Union Normal School



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: on the grounds of Hutto Middle School MLK Jr Blvd. Bainbridge,Ga.
County: Decatur
Coordinates: N 30° 54.498    W 084° 33.485
  30.9083    -84.55808333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM8KBH
Union Normal School Marker
Photo by Coinseekers



Text:

In 1927, Professor H.S. Dixon, Mrs. Marie H. Dixon and Mrs. Aurie Bell Flowers assumed duties at what was now Union Normal High School. After school closure on 31 May 1952, the Decatur County Board of Education bought the property on 13 November 1954 for $8,000. Mr. Dixon was paid with a 100 x 300 ft. lot on the east. In January 1955, the proceeds were divided equally among Association member churches and a Scholarship Aid Program was established a few months later. With forty years of success, it was reorganized and chartered as First Flint River Missionary Baptist Association Scholarship Foundation, Inc. in 1990.
Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and Decatur County Historical Society 2008



 
Notes:

Two sided marker: First Flint River Baptist Normal Institute

 

043-A34