Historic Markers Across Georgia



Camp Recovery



Marker ID: WPA 27 R-7
Location: NE intersection Shotwell & South Broad Streets, Bainbridge
County: Decatur
Coordinates: N 30° 54.246    W 084° 34.532
  30.9041    -84.57553
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM6MC5
Camp Recovery Marker
Photo by snfromky



Text:

On the east side of Flint River, twenty-one miles southwest is the site of Camp Recovery, established during the First Seminole Indian War as a hospital base to which the sick soldiers from Fort Scott were sent to recover. A Federal Monument on the site marks the burial place of U.S. officers and soldiers who died during the hostilities in the Flint and Chattahoochee River Counties 1817-1821.

WPA



 

 

043-A5