Historic Markers Across Georgia



Browning's Court House



Marker ID: GHM 044-14
Location: LaVista Road at Fellowship Road, Tucker
County: DeKalb
Coordinates: N 33° 51.281    W 084° 13.016
  33.854683    -84.21693
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM1X4K
Browning's Court House Marker  



Text:

At or near this crossroads stood the J.P. office of Browning´s Militia District No. 572; cited in reports of Federal military operations July, 1864, as Browning´s Court House.

July 18. Logan´s 15th A.C., enroute from Roswell to Decatur, detoured via Browning´s to support Garrard´s cavalry in its foray on the Georgia Railroad at Stone Mountain.

Lightburn´s (2d) brigade, Smith´s (2d) div., together with Maj. Hotaling´s contingent of Logan´s escort was sent from here to assist Garrard´s horsemen in destroying the railroad at & near Stone Mountain depot. Logan withdrew to Henderson´s Mill to camp that night.

044-14 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954



 

 

044-14