Historic Markers Across Georgia



Logan's Corps Moves To Henderson's Mill



Marker ID: GHM 044-17
Location: LaVista Rd at Midville Rd, west of Tucker
County: DeKalb
Coordinates: N 33° 51.174    W 084° 13.705
  33.8529    -84.22841
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM1VDQ
Logan's Corps Moves To Henderson's Mill Marker  



Text:

July 18, 1864. Logan´s troops having detoured from Shallow Ford Rd. to Browning´s Court House (TUCKER), to co-operate with Garrard´s cav, in the destruction of the Georgia R.R. at Stone Mtn. remained in this vicinity while Lightburn´s brigade was sent to support Garrard. When Lightburn returned, Logan withdrew the corps 1.5 mi. W. to Henderson´s mill where it camped that night.

This withdraw served two purposes: to make a more compact front for the Army of the Tennessee & to get an adequate supply of water not available at Browning´s.

GHM 044-17 - Georgia Historical Commission - 1954



 

 

044-17