|Latitude 34 North|
Historic Markers Across Georgia
Garrard's Cavalry at Buchanan's
J.W. Buchanan´s residence (which stood on the Old Hightower Trail), where Peachtree Road crosses, was a landmark of Federal troop movements in July, 1864.
July 17, Garrard´s cav., operating on the left of McPherson´s Army of the Tenn., crossed the Chattahoochee at McAfee´s Bridge and camped that night along the headwaters of Nancy´s Creek west of Buchanan´s.
Logan´s 15th A.C. on Garrard´s rt. camped along the creek, having reached there from Roswell on the old Shallow Ford Rd. The objective of these troops-the destruction of the Ga. R.R.