Historic Markers Across Georgia



Logan's 15th Corps & Garrard's Cavalry



Marker ID: GHM 044-9
Location: Chamblee-Tucker Rd just west of Pleasantdale Road
County: DeKalb
Coordinates: N 33° 52.857    W 084 13.205
  33.88095    -84.22008
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2G8M
Logan's 15th Corps & Garrard's Cavalry Marker  



Text:

July 18, 1864. Logan´s 15th A. C. Army of the Tennessee [US] having detoured from the old Shallow Ford Rd. at the Rainey plantation (4 ml. W) moved to this point where it joined Garrard´s cav. via McAfee´s bridge (Chattahoochee River) & Buchanan´s house (Hightower Trail at Buford Highway) was enroute S. to Browning´s Court House (TUCKER). Logan´s corps, in support of Garrard, moved 2 ml. S. to Browning´s where it marked time the rest of the day while Lightburn´s brigade was sent with the cavalry to destroy the Georgia R.R. at and near Stone Mountain.

GHM 044-9 - Georgia Historical Commission - 1954



 

 

044-9