Historic Markers Across Georgia



During the Battle of Decatur



Marker ID: UDC 
Location: at the DeKalb County Courthouse in Decatur, GA
County: DeKalb
Coordinates: N 33° 46.518    W 084° 17.793
  33.7753    -84.29655
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WM6XPD
During the Battle of Decatur Marker  



Text:

During the Battle of Decatur July 22nd, 1864 there was hot fighting in and around the old courthouse which stood on this square. Wheeler´s Calvary made a gallant charge here and captured a battery of federal artillery with officers and men.
Erected by Agnes Lee Chapter United Daughters of the Confederacy

1922



 

 

044-U1