Historic Markers Across Georgia



Fannie Askew Williams Park (Side 2)



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: Coheelee Park at covered bridge, Old River Road off Ga 62
County: Early
Coordinates: N 31┬░ 18.41    W 085┬░ 4.739
  31.306833    -85.07898
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMPG7
Fannie Askew Williams Park (Side 2) Marker
Photo by BackPak



Text:

The Fannie Askew Williams Park, a picnic area adjacent to Coheelee Creek Covered Bridge on Old River Road, is maintained by the Early County Board of Commissioners. The land was made available to the county in 1959 by the late John H. Williams, of Blakely, and bears the name of his first wife. The Peter Early Chapter DAR serves as custodian of the Park.

Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Early County Historical Society, 1980.




Fannie Askew Williams Park (Side 2)
Photo by BackPak


Notes:

Side 1: Coheelee Creek Covered Bridge

 

049-A6