Historic Markers Across Georgia



Hilton United Methodist Church



Marker ID: HCC 
Location: At church in Hilton on road to Coheelee Park
County: Early
Coordinates: N 31° 17.656    W 085° 3.929
  31.294266    -85.06548
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMAKV4
Hilton United Methodist Church Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

The Hilton Methodist Episcopal Church, South was organized in 1850. The first church was erected one mile southwest of Hilton on the Lower River Road. This structure was sold after the Civil war and services were then conducted in an arbor. E. Hilton deeded land to the Church trustees for the present church site on November 1, 1889. The pegged-frame building for the Hilton Methodist Church was built in 1890 and the social hall was added in 1973.

ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION
AND THE HITLON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 1994



Hilton United Methodist Church
Hilton United Methodist Church
Photo by Ken Moser



 

049-A8