Historic Markers Across Georgia



Habersham Memorial Hall



Marker ID: GHM 060-26B
Location: 270 15th St just west of Piedmont Ave, Atlanta
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 33° 47.315    W 084° 22.671
  33.788583    -84.37785
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM43KF
Habersham Memorial Hall  Marker  



Text:

Joseph Habersham Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution was organized February 12, 1900 at the Executive Mansion. Mrs. William Lawson Peel, first Regent and Mrs. Allen D. Candler, wife of the governor, were among the five founders. The cornerstone was laid January 14, 1922 and the building was completed in 1923. The Hall was designed by Architect Henry Hornbostel, designer of Carnegie Institute of technology, Emory University and "Callanwall" of Atlanta.

Colonel Joseph Habersham served in the Revolutionary Army, Continental Congress and Georgia´s Constitutional Ratification Convention. He was United States Postmaster General from 1795 - 1801.

GHM 060-26B - GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION - 1974



 

 

060-26B