|Latitude 34 North|
Historic Markers Across Georgia
McPherson's Troops at Shallow Ford
Here, in 1824, Jacob R. Brooks established a ferry at Shallow Ford where the old Hightower Trail crossed the Chattahoochee.
July 10, 1864. Dodge´s 16th A.C., after a forced march of 27 mi. from the Sandtown Rd. (near Mabletown), via Marietta, reached Roswell. The troops waded the river & relieved Newton´s 4th A.C. div. in the trenches S. of it.
July 15. Logan´s 15th A.C. reached Roswell & crossed on the two bridges built by Dodge´s engineers. With the arrival of Blair´s 17th A.C., July 17, McPherson´s forces [Union] -- reassembled after a long march -- moved toward Decatur.
060-6 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954
Located on the south side of Azalea Dr, west of Rowell Road. Parking is available about a ½ west of the sign. The sign is located along a paved trail. Located next to GHM 060-5 Garrard's Cav. & Newton's Division.
For more information on the history of Roswell, GA:
History of Roswell, GA
Roswell Historic District