Historic Markers Across Georgia



The Storyteller at park in Buckhead



Marker ID:  
Location: at intersection of Peachtree, Roswell and Paces Ferry Roads, Atlanta
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 33° 50.417    W 084° 22.763
  33.840283    -84.37938
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2GYD
The Storyteller at park in Buckhead Marker  



Text:

Local lore has recorded that in 1838 a hunter hung a deer´s head at about this location in front of Irby´s Tavern. The Henry Irby family owned 803 surrounding acres and the area was designated Irbyville on maps at that time. People started identifying the area by the buck´s head and the community then changed its name to Buckhead.

Is was annexed into the City of Atlanta in 1952. It now has official boundaries of twenty-eight square miles as designated by the Atlanta Regional Commission.

"The Storyteller" is sharing this information with its circle of small animal friends.

This City Park, Buckhead Triangle, is a product primarily of the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation.



 

 

060-A17