Historic Markers Across Georgia



Alpharetta Hotel Site



Marker ID:  
Location:
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 34° 4.556    W 084° 17.683
  34.07593333    -84.29471666
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: None
Alpharetta Hotel Site Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

The property was the original location of the Alpharetta Hotel built by Bob Webb in 1908.

The hotel was torn down in the 1970's. It once housed a Boarding House for single school teachers which was operated by Lillian Teasley. It was the home of the Morris Brothers for many years.

After some renovations, the Post Office, Bank, Dr. James L. Morris, Gordons Department Store and many other small shops were located in the building.

The citizens of Alpharetta reserve this beautiful property in memory of all who lived on this property, shopped here and have fond memories of this square located in the center of our city.

Dedicated July 4, 1989

OLE MILTON PARK COMMITTEE

Henry Booker Janie Hole
Sandra Bagwell Mike Jackson
Virginia Burgess Sue Rainwater
Tony Alexander- Landscape Designer

MAYOR
Jimmy Phillips

COUNCIL MEMBERS

Billy Hunter Arthur Letchas
Sandra Johnson Earl Mitchell
Bill Keeton Buddy Stovall




Alpharetta Hotel Site
Photo by David Seibert



 

060-A44