Historic Markers Across Georgia



Manning Mercantile • c.1910



Marker ID:  7
Location: 20 N. Main Street, Alpharetta, GA
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 34° 04.561    W 084° 17.682
  34.07601666    -84.2947
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMEK93
Manning Mercantile • c.1910  Marker  



Text:

James H. and Thomas H. Manning operated Manning Mercantile store in a wood building that burned in 1902. It was replaced by a one-story brick building, which later housed the U.S. Post Office, Bates Grocery, Cowart Shoe Shop, Cook Shoe Shop, and the Alpharetta Welcome Center. A second story, added in the 1990s, preserved many of the original features of the building.




 

Manning Mercantile • c.1910

Notes:

This marker is on the Alpharetta, GA, walking tour. Brochure and a map of the markers is available at the Alpharetta Visitors Centers at 178 South Main Street.

 

060-AL07