Historic Markers Across Georgia



Webb Guano House - c. 1901



Marker ID:  9
Location: 21 Milton Avenue, Alpharetta, GA
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 34° 04.545    W 084° 17.712
  34.07575    -84.2952
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMEK5Q
Webb Guano House - c. 1901 Marker  



Text:

James Madison Dodd sold the property, which had been used for a livery stable, to R.J. & J.J. Webb. The Webbs built the first section of the building, called the Webb Guano House. The original structure was of concrete blocks, heavy beams and thick flooring. The property was sold to the Teasleys in 1911, who constructed the second portion of the building called Teasley's Warehouse. Later Q.A. Wills operated the Wills Warehouse where bales of cotton were bought, stored and sold. In the 1940s Wills opened a chenille factory. It was later occupied by the Lad N' Dad Slacks Company and The Roswell Company-Alpharetta Division. Frances Byers bought the building in the early 1970s and established the Cotton House Furniture store.



 

Webb Guano House - c. 1901

Notes:

This marker is on the Alpharetta, GA, walking tour. Brochure and a map of the markers is available at the Alpharetta Visitors Centers at 178 South Main Street.

 

060-AL09