Historic Markers Across Georgia



Miss Sallie’s Place



Marker ID:  
Location: 881 Canton Street, Roswell, GA
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 34° 1.8    W 084° 21.667
  34.03    -84.36111666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
Miss Sallie’s Place Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

Miss Sallie’s Place
circa 1893


Two sisters, Miss Sallie Kimball and Mrs. V.L. Williams lived in this house which operated as the first boarding house in Roswell for a period of time. It had six bedrooms, each with a coal burning fireplace. Visiting ministers were welcome to come as non-paying guests. In 1919, the sisters donated land on Mimosa Boulevard to the Roswell United Methodist Church. The house was restored in 1979 as a private residence. In 1994 it was converted to a special events facility and re-named Kimball Hall.




Roswell Historical Society.



Miss Sallie’s Place and Marker
Miss Sallie’s Place
Photo by David Seibert



 

060-B021