Historic Markers Across Georgia



Primrose Cottage



Marker ID:  
Location: 674 Mimosa Boulevard, Roswell, GA
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 34° 1    W 084° 21.817
  34.01666666    -84.36361666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
Primrose Cottage Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

Primrose Cottage
1839

Primrose Cottage was the first permanent residence constructed in Roswell. Built for Eliza King Hand, a daughter of town founder Roswell King, the home features a hand-turned fence executed by an English craftsman. The house was designed by Connecticut architect Willis Ball who also designed the Roswell Presbyterian Church. The church was organized at Primrose Cottage. The home was purchased in 1853 by George H. Camp who was Roswell’s first postmaster and succeeded Barrington King as the president of the Roswell Manufacturing Company. A later resident was “Nap” Rucker, a knuckleball pitcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers in the early 1900s. He served as Mayor of Roswell in the 1930s.






Roswell Historical Society.



Primrose Cottage
Primrose Cottage
Photo by David Seibert



 

060-B029