Historic Markers Across Georgia



The Fowler House



Marker ID:  
Location: 1159 Canton St, Roswell, GA
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 34° 1.8    W 084° 21.667
  34.03    -84.36111666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
The Fowler House Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

The Fowler House
circa 1830

Originally constructed by a Cherokee Indian as a one room cottage with a fireplace. It was enlarged and the front entrance turned to face Canton Street in the early 1900s. The house was occupied for many years by Mr. & Mrs. Charles C. Fowler, relatives of Mrs. C.J. Perry, who lived next door.






Roswell Historical Society.



The Fowler House
The Fowler House
Photo by David Seibert



 

060-B031