Historic Markers Across Georgia



Waller Park



Marker ID:  
Location: 250 Oak Street, Roswell, GA
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 34° 1.215    W 084° 21.209
  34.02025    -84.35348333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
Waller Park Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

Waller Park



Land for Waller Park was given to fulton County in 1946 by James Isaac Wright in memory of his uncle, J.H. Wright, who had founded and operated (1896-1913) a water-powered pants factory on this site under the name of the Oxbow Falls Manufacturing Company.

Fulton County developed the park to include a swimming pool, bathhouse, picnic areas, a softball field, and a nature trail to the site of the old pants factory. Fulton County deeded the park to the City of Roswell in 1953.

In 1970 the Roswell Jaycees added a modular building to the site for a gymnasium. Today, this park is part of the Roswell Parks and Recreation Department.


Erected by The Roswell Historical Society.




Waller Park
Photo by David Seibert



 

060-B045