Historic Markers Across Georgia



Waller Park



Marker ID:  
Location: 250 Oak Street, Roswell, GA
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 34° 1.197    W 084° 21.242
  34.01995    -84.35403333
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: None
Waller Park Marker
Photo by David Seibert



Text:

Waller Park



In 1946, James Isaac Wright donated and deeded 16.1 acres of land to Fulton County for a public swimming pool and park. This site was named Waller Park in memory of his uncle, J. H. “Pony “ Waller, founder of Oxbow Falls Manufacturing Company in 1896. Fulton County developed the park which included Roswell’s first public swimming pool and bathhouse, nature trails, picnic areas, and a softball field. The Park was deeded to the City of Roswell by Fulton County in 1953. In 1970, the Roswell Jaycees placed a modular building on the site for a gymnasium. The gymnasium was renovated and expanded 6,000 square feet in 1990.




Waller Park
Photo by David Seibert



 

060-B046