Historic Markers Across Georgia



Rhodes Hall - Le Reve



Marker ID: GHS 60-1
Location: 1516 Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 33° 47.765    W 084° 23.271
  33.796083    -84.38785
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM2338
Rhodes Hall - Le Reve Marker  



Text:

Atlanta philanthropist and businessman Amos Giles Rhodes built Le Reve (The Dream) on his 114-acre estate in 1904. Designed by Atlanta architect Willis F. Denny II, the house is constructed of Stone Mountain granite and is distinguished by its early use of electricity and stained glass windows depicting the rise and fall of the Confederacy. In 1929, Mr. Rhodes´ heirs deeded the house to the State to be used for historical purposes. Renamed "Rhodes Memorial Hall," it operated as the State Archives building until 1965. It became the headquarters of the Georgia Trust in 1983.

This marker was erected by The Georgia Historical Society and the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.

GHS 060-1 - GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION - 2000



 

 

060-HS1