Historic Markers Across Georgia



Outer Line of the Atlanta Defense



Marker ID: UDC 
Location: At the Peachtree Christian Church on Peachtree St. at Spring St., Atlanta, GA
County: Fulton
Coordinates: N 33° 47.820    W 084° 23.352
  33.797    -84.3892
Style: Carved Stone **
Waymark: WM6R1Y
Outer Line of the Atlanta Defense Marker  



Text:

At this point on July 18, 1864, the outer line of the Atlanta Defense was constructed.
On July, 20, 1864, troops of Lieut. Gen Wm. J. Hardee´s Corps
advanced northward from this line to attack troops of
Brig., Gen. John Newton´s Division of the Federal Fourth Corps,
Posted north of Collier Road.

Erected by the Old Guard of Atlanta
Dedicated by the Atlanta Chapter U.D.C.
1934



 

 

060-U2