Historic Markers Across Georgia



Capt Mark Carr (1702-1767)



Marker ID: DAR 
Location: On Newcastle St between Mansfield St and Howe St, Brunswick, GA.
County: Glynn
Coordinates: N 31° 08.757    W 081° 29.660
  31.14595    -81.49433333
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WM6QYW
Capt Mark Carr (1702-1767) Marker  



Text:

Capt. Mark Carr
1702-1767
Brunswick´s First Settler
Came to Georgia in 1738 as an officer in the English forces located on St Simon´s Island; established a plantation known as ´Carr´s Firlds´ and maintained a military outpost on the site of the City of Brunswick; assisted in repelling the Spanish invasion of 1742, and held many positions of honor and trust in which he gave loyal service to the Colony of Georgia.
Brunswick Chapter DAR

The bricks used in this base came from the ruins of Capt Carr´s home on Blythe Island.



 

Capt Mark Carr (1702-1767)

Notes:

A small plaque on the base of the marker reads:
The bricks used in this base came from the ruins of Capt.

 

063-A19