Historic Markers Across Georgia



Couper's Point



Marker ID:  
Location: Near St Simons Lighthouse on 12th street.
County: Glynn
Coordinates: N 31° 08.038    W 081° 23.594
  31.13396666    -81.39323333
Style: Mounted **
Waymark: WM6R1P
Couper's Point Marker  



Text:

Couper´s Point
In 1804, John Couper of Cannon´s Point Plantation sold 4 acres of land, known as Couper´s Point, to the US Government for the sum of $1.00. This is the site where the first St Simons Lighthouse, built by James Gould was located.
Presented by Eugina Price



 

Couper's Point


 

063-A22