Historic Markers Across Georgia



Cassina Garden Club Houses



Marker ID:  
Location: At old cabins on Arthur J. Moore Dr, St Simons Island, GA
County: Glynn
Coordinates: N 31° 10.26    W 081° 24.446
  31.171    -81.40743
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM6R4B
Cassina Garden Club Houses Marker  



Text:

These house were slave cabins on the Gascoigne Bluff section of Hamilton Plantation which was developed in 1793 by James Hamilton into one of the largest estates on St. Simons Island.

Eventually this Gascoigne Bluff area was given to Glynn County for a park honoring the first naval site in America. These cabins were given to the Cassina Garden Club in 1931 for preservation purposes.

Erected 1965



 

Cassina Garden Club Houses


 

063-A5