Historic Markers Across Georgia



The Calhoun Depot



Marker ID:  
Location: 109 S King St, Calhoun, GA
County: Gordon
Coordinates: N 34° 30.118    W 084° 57.193
  34.50196666    -84.95321666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The Calhoun Depot


Constructed in 1847 by the
Western & Atlantic Rail Road

Purchased by the
City of Calhoun 1990
Roof Donation by the
Calhoun Woman's Club 1991
Renovated by the
City of Calhoun 1996/97

Construction Project Manager
Councilman Paul McEntire

1996/97 City Officials

Mayor John d. Meadows, III
Mayor Pro Tem John D. Shelton, Jr.
Councilman Thomas H. Bond
Councilman Paul McEntire
Councilman James F. Palmer
Councilman Ronald H. Woods



 

 

064-900