Historic Markers Across Georgia



Fort Daniel



Marker ID: GHM 067-5
Location: 5 Ga 124 1/2 mile south of junction with Ga 324
County: Gwinnett
Coordinates: N 34° 2.901    W 083° 56.044
  34.04835    -83.93406666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WMX0M
Fort Daniel Marker  



Text:

Fort Daniel was completed in 1813 to protect the frontier from Indians aroused by the British during the War of 1812. Presumably named for General Allen Daniel, the fort was garrisoned by the 25th Regiment of Georgia Militia. To further protect the settlers, Fort Peachtree was built on the Chattahoochee River, 30 miles away. World famous Peachtree Road was built to connect these frontier forts.

GHM 067-5 GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 2002



 

 

067-5