Historic Markers Across Georgia



Columbus Baptist Association



Marker ID: GHM 072-4
Location: Hamilton Baptist Church, Ga 116 at Hill St, Hamilton
County: Harris
Coordinates: N 32° 45.465    W 084° 52.591
  32.75775    -84.87651666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM6V28
Columbus Baptist Association Marker
Photo by Ken Moser



Text:

The Columbus Baptist Association was organized November 22, 1829 at Mulberry Meeting House (then New Hope). 10 miles from here at Mulberry Grove. Twelve churches reporting from Talbot. Harris, and Muscogee Counties formed this Association, Churches from Harris County included Bethesda. Mulberry Meeting House Mount Olive and Hamilton Baptist Church (then Lebanon). Anderson Smith, the only minister in the group, was elected Moderator of this first meeting and Clark Blanford of Hamilton was elected Clerk.

GHM 072-4 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956



 

 

072-4