Historic Markers Across Georgia



Lane's Place



Marker ID:  
Location: 101 Lake Dow Road, McDonough, GA
County: Henry
Coordinates: N 33° 26.5    W 084° 7.217
  33.44166666    -84.12028333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

Lane's Place
—Heritage Park Historical Village —


Lane's country store was built in 1921 and originally stood at the intersection of Rock Quarry Road and Highway 42 in Stockbridge. It served officially as the company store for the quarry, but unofficially it was the social haunt for men in that area. In that day, country stores provided the only venue where men could gather to exchange news, talk, relax, and drink coffee. The store operated a filling and service station as well. Jerry Tolbert was last to own and operate this landmark store that the people of Henry County grew so fond of over the years.

Erected by Tony Moye.



 

 

075-A07