Historic Markers Across Georgia



McDonough Public Library



Marker ID:  
Location: 101 Lake Dow Road, McDonough, GA
County: Henry
Coordinates: N 33° 26.508    W 084° 7.25
  33.4418    -84.12083333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

McDonough Public Library
—Heritage Park Historical Village —


This building served as McDonough's library from 1953 until the 1970s. George Alexander, president of Planter's Warehouse and Lumber Company, donated one of their storage buildings in order to get a city library started. It remained in use as a library until a permanent building was specially constructed for a new city library in the early 1970s.



 

 

075-A08